The Margaret River region produces only 3 percent of Australia’s wine, but is responsible for 20 percent of Australia’s premium wines. Margaret River wine tours are a popular item on the holiday agenda for hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
The styles of Margaret River Wine Tours are as varied as the red and white wines in the bottles. Depending on what you want to see and do during your visit, here is what you can expect from the various types of winery tours:
Group tour:Travel by mini-bus with a small group of friends (or make some new friends from around the world). There are a variety of affordable options to see some of the region’s best wineries and taste what they have to offer.
- Taste the South Tours: The most flexible tour company in Margaret River that aims to provide local and foreign tourist the wonders and the best of the region. With their private tours and now the only evening wine tasting, Sabine truly goes out of her way to ensure you have the best experience. Enjoy the beach in the day and a glass of wine in the afternoon with your private guide.
- Bushtucker River and Wine Tours: Bushtucker Tours has been locally owned and run for more than 21 years by Helen Lee, who won the award for the Inaugural Best Tour Guide in the 1999 WA Tourism Awards. Bushtucker Tours has achieved a number of other accolades that include Heritage & Culture Awards and State Merit Awards, which reflect the excellent experience these tours offer.
- Margaret River With Neil McLeod: Born and bred in Margaret River, Neil has been conducting tours for nearly 20 years. He has garnered an excellent reputation for his professionalism and was given the Top Tour Guide of WA award back in 2001.
Group Tour on Bicycle
- Dirty Detours: Local to Margaret River, Dirty Detours is a mountain bike touring company which claims to be small despite its numerous high-quality services. It appeals to the avid traveller and biker within every Margaret River visitor, and provides them with an exciting tour that not only promises a unique thrill but also ensures that they see the main attractions of Margaret River.
Prestige:If you want only the best of the best, there are options to visit the most internationally renowned wineries and dine at five-star restaurants on site. For discerning travellers and wine enthusiasts for whom cost is no object.
Personalised: A local guide can take you on a personalised tour, often with wineries selected based on your favourite varietals of wine.
- Taste the South Wine Tours - If you have a very occasion in mind and you’d like us to design the tour around your requests, we are more than happy to help. Whether it’s a customised tour to your favourite attractions celebrating a special birthday, arranging a family gathering, organizing an end-of-year team windup or anything at all – we can do !
Helicopter tour:Go all out and arrive in style, landing in a helicopter at a succession of local wineries and sampling all they have to offer – then you’re whisked away into the sky, and on to your next destination.
Including a river tour: Many of the region’s best wineries are close to the Margaret River – why not visit both? If you want a relaxing outdoor experience that also includes some tasty wines, a winery and river tour might be ideal.
- Including other attractions: If you love wine but also want to see some other sights of the region, you can book an itinerary that includes stops at local breweries, chocolate factories, galleries, caves or other attractions.
- With a wine maker: What better way can you think of to learn about the regions wine than to go on your Margaret River wine tours with an expert wine maker? It’s possible to hire a current (or retired) wine maker to accompany you on your visit – every wine lover’s dream! Get the inside story and specialised knowledge on how the wine is made, the unique aspects of the local terrain and climate, and everything else that makes the wines of this region so special.
- Chauffeur driven: Travel in style in a vintage Rolls Royce or Jaguar, driven by a licensed chauffeur. No need to worry about the drive back to the hotel – drink as much wine as you like and leave the driving to the tour guide.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
Click image above to watch an introduction to the top 10 Attractions in Margaret River
Find the best Margaret River wine tours
If you want to Experience the Best of Margaret River wine tours, we can point you in the right direction! We have selected the “Best” of each category of attractions – these businesses have been reviewed by a local expert, and we can testify to their integrity and expertise.
Our guide can also help you find the best of whatever else you want to do during your holiday – swimming, surfing, fishing, hiking, accommodation, fine dining, and much more.