A winery is a great place to visit and if that place happens to be one of the spectacular Margaret River wineries in Australia, the experience can be a truly special one. The Margaret River region is famous for its variety of local wines, many of them having won international awards for their unique taste and great quality.
The Margaret River wineries offer plenty of activities to make your visit rewarding and fulfilling. You can take a tour of the vineyards, where you can see the vine plantings up close and get a first-hand look at the grapes ripening. Seeing the winemaking process in person gives you a powerful insight into the amount of hard work and commitment that goes into producing each and every drop of wine that you purchase. You will also gain a better understanding of what gives the different wine varieties their unique flavour and bouquet.
Each winery produces unique blends of wines and visitors can enjoy wine tasting sessions, experiencing the freshest pressings of the best wines on offer. Listed below are some locations where you can find Margaret River wines, some of which are coupled with the great experience of winery tours.
- Fermoy Estate– Fermoy Estate was first planted to vines back in 1985. Over time, the estate has expanded from 10 hectares under vine to 17 hectares. The major varieties grown here include Semillon and Cabernet Sauvignon with smaller quantities of Merlot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Malbec and Chenin Blanc. Ever since the production of first vintage in 1988, the accolades and awards have come thick and fast.
- 😉 Wulura Farms: Wulura is set on a 1600 acres property that stretches toward the pristine Indian Ocean coast and beautiful Geographe Bay. There are currently over 200 acres of vine, around 600 olive trees and a total headcount of 600 Murray Grey beef cattle onsite along with birds, kangaroos, bushland and some family homes.
Phone: (08) 9755 1049
- Ashbrook Estate
- Briarose Estate
- Cape Naturaliste Vineyard
- Churchview Estate
- Deep Woods Estate
- Eagle Vale Estate
- Edwards Wines Pty Ltd
- Evans & Tate
- Flametree Wines
- Flying Fish Cove
- Gralyn Estate
- Glenmore Wines – Glenmore’s 5 hectare vineyard occupies a small portion of this historic and picturesque property. The vineyard has valley views to the Indian Ocean which is 2.5 km to the west of Glenmore. It is planted on well-drained, gravelly red brown loam over yellow/blue mottled clay. The vineyard is north facing, non-irrigated and the natural slopes and windbreaks provide protection from the prevailing winds.
- Howard Park Wines
- Harman’s Ridge Estate (Howling Wolves)
- Juniper Estate
- Madfish Wines
- Margaret River Regional Wine Centre
- McLeod Creek Wines
- Moss Brothers
- Pierro Margaret River Vineyards
- Settlers Ridge Organic Wine
- Stella Bella Wines Pty Ltd
- Swings & Roundabouts Ltd
- Thompson Estate
- Barwick Wines
We have all wineries listed into 5 categories which are:
Stand-alone winery – Boutique Winery – With Cafe – Restaurant Dining – Family Friendly
They can all be found by visiting our “Which Margaret River Wineries” page.
Experience the best wines on offer when you visit one of these fantastic Margaret River Wineries. If you wish to spend the night in the neighbourhood as well, then there is plenty of information available on Margaret River accommodation located nearby. If you are a wine lover, then the Margaret River wineries are the place to be.