If you need to hire a car in Margaret River, there are a few good choices of Margaret River car rental/ car hire establishments.
Exploring the region of South West Australia is often best done by car. If you’re flying into Perth, you likely will want to rent a car close to the Perth International Airport. But some travellers prefer to take the bus to Margaret River and then after some time in the area, they want to find a local Margaret River car rental to be able to have their own independent transport.
Local Margaret River car rentalbusinesses include:
- 😉 Taz’s Taxi: Taz’s Taxi is the right company to get in touch with when you require dependable and safe transportation. It doesn’t matter if you need to attend a social event, a business meeting or just need someone to drive you back home after a great night of fun, Taz’s Taxi can get you there safely.
- 😉 Margaret River Rent a Car (Margs Cars): Margaret River Rent a Car has garnered a reputation for offering up-to-date information and competitive prices, ensuring efficiency and quality for every client, all the time. Whether you need a car for a few hours, day, week or month, the company can cater to your exact needs. Margaret River Rent A Car takes pride in providing quality and exceptionally clean drive vehicles.
- 😉 The Chauffeur Bus:The Chauffeur Bus has Double Decker Buses to ensure that you have a pleasant ride. To be able to use the service, all you need to do is to purchase your day ticket, select from the different runs (see below), find the right schedule for your selected run, choose a pick up point, hop on the bus and you are ready to enjoy a special chauffeur driven experience.
- Margaret River Car Hire: Get off the beaten path with a 4-wheel drive vehicle that can take you to secluded beaches and bushland, cars also available. Rates start at $55 per day.
- South West Car Hire: This Margaret River car rental offers a full fleet of modern vehicles, including Toyota Corolla Hatch (seating 2 people), Camry and Tarago (seating up to 8 people). One-way rentals are available to Perth, with a drop-off location at the Perth airport. Rates start at $45 per day, depending on the duration of the rental.
- GoGeo Vehicle & Scooter Hire: Travelling through the South West is easy, convenient and cost effective with GoGeo Vehicle & Scooter Hire. The business provides vehicles and scooters that make it possible for tourists and residents to visit any part of Busselton and its surrounding areas according to their own discretion and will.
- Dunsborough Car Hire:Located on-site at the Dunsborough Beach House backpackers hostel, this Margaret River car rental business offers affordable rates for fuel-efficient vehicles, with rates starting at $39 a day. A refundable $300 credit card deposit is required.
Tips for car rental
Whichever Margaret River car rental you choose, be sure to sign up for supplemental coverage in case of stone chips on your windshield. Many roads in Western Australia are covered with gravel, and so it is not uncommon for small stones to hit the windshields, causing damage. It’s often best to pay a bit extra up front for the added insurance coverage, rather than incur additional charges later on. This added insurance usually covers driving on gravel roads also (some policies exclude gravel roads) which can be beneficial as there are a few gravel roads around the region.
Local limousine services
If you want to travel in style, there is also a selection of locally operated limousine services that can provide customised wine tours, transfer you to and from Perth, provide first-class transport for weddings and special events, or take you and some friends out for a memorable night on the town.
- All Star Hire: All Star Hire’s fleet of luxury vehicles includes Western Australia’s first H2 Hummer stretch limo, an 11-passenger Ford Superstretch limo, a 24-passenger luxury Rosa Bus, and a wheelchair-accessible 11-passenger Mercedes minibus.
- South West Limousines: With a fleet of nine luxury vehicles ranging from sedans through 15-seater buses, South West Limousines specialises in airport transfers to and from Perth, dinner transport, wine tours, weddings and special events.
- Leeuwin Executive Taxi: A personalised, quality, executive taxi service in a luxury car. Owned by Margaret River Car Hire and run from Margaret River.
Find the best Margaret River car rental options
If you want to Experience the Best Margaret River car rental of the region, let us help ensure a smooth ride. We have selected the “Best” of each category of local businesses, which have all been thoroughly vetted and spotlighted by our local expert.
Whether you need to find the best accommodation, surfing, hiking, restaurants, wineries, breweries, chocolate factories, or any other type of local attraction, we can help you discover the truly distinctive places and experiences that best exemplify our region.