Margaret River restaurants range from award-winning gourmet dining to out-of-the way places beloved by locals. The Margaret River region is known for its premium wines and fresh local food culture – so it’s no surprise that this corner of Western Australia is also home to some top-quality restaurants. We can help you find the best Margaret River restaurants to satisfy any appetite and fulfil your culinary curiosity.
All of the Margaret River restaurants on this list are open for evening dining as well as during the day. One challenge for some visitors to the region is that many of the local winery restaurants are only open during the day, so we wanted to provide a concise list of Margaret River restaurants that are open in the evening as well.
Here is a brief overview of what to expect from the various styles of Margaret River restaurants:
- Wineries open for dinner on weekends: One of the most popular local estate wineries, Leeuwin Estate, has an on-premises restaurant that is open for dinner on Saturday nights – The Leeuwin Restaurant received 2 stars (the highest rating possible) in the West Australian Good Food Guide 2011.
- Pub Grub: Several Margaret River restaurants serve honest pub fare – often made from local produce and locally raised meats – that goes well with a glass of wine or a cold pint. Try Settlers Tavern or the Knight’s Inn (both located in town) or enjoy a casual bistro atmosphere near the ocean at the Gnarabar.
- 😉 Colonial Brewery: The ideal spot to dine out for lunch. Great pizza, share plates, beer battered fish and many more winners. Mix great beer with good food and a lovely outlook you have a recipe for a great meal out. Bring the kids too as they have one of the best play grounds in the region.
Phone: +61 (8) 9758 8177
- The Gnarabar: A unique bar and bistro located 10km from Margaret River within the Margarets Beach Resort. It is situated just 500 meters from Gnarabup Beach. Gnarabar is open from 4pm till late Mon – Fri and 12pm till late Saturday and Sunday. The menus are designed by our chefs using local seasonal produce. They keep things pretty simple, good food, good service.
- Morries: Morries Anytime is the only ‘open all day and night’ venue in Margaret River. Whether it’s to grab a coffee and freshly baked muffin or a substantial breakfast, we have all your needs met. Serving up a serious delectable lunches, tapas and dinner menus enables you to taylor your experience with us, to whatever you want it to be. Morries is the perfect place to catch up with friends, grab a coffee, hold a business meeting, sneak in some after work cocktails, all while enjoying the welcoming atmosphere in our casual bar and dining environment. Get a glimpse of their menu here – Morries Menu.
Phone: (08) 9758 8280
- Muster Bar and Grill: Right in the middle of the main street in Margaret River, Muster is a place to drop in for a lazy afternoon drink that can easily roll into a plate of Arkady lamb croquettes or a feast from the full menu, still perched on your bar stool! Think grill – with an array of dry aged Butterfield beef cuts hanging in its meat cellar to choose from; flank to fillet, rump to ribeye; with thoughtful dishes for non carnivores such as their vegan zucchini garden pasta, served up from 11:30am until late, daily.
Phone: (08) 9758 8877
- Italian: Goodfella’s Café offer pasta, pizza and other Italian specialties, Or
- La Scarpetta Trattoria – La Scarpetta Trattoria offers an indulgent taste of all things Italian, situated in heritage listed Bridgefield Guesthouse on the colonial verandas. We offer guests a truly traditional, rustic experience. Click here to download the menu.
- Fine Dining: If you’re in the mood for a world-class dining experience, the Cape Lodge Restaurant was rated one of the Top Ten in the World for Food in Condé Nast Traveller’s Gold List in 2008. For fine dining with a strong emphasis on Margaret River wines, try the popular Must Margaret River (will be closing for lunch over the winter period effective Monday 23rd April. Opening Hours: 4pm to late) wine bar and bistro.
- Seafood: When you’re this close to the pristine blue waters of the Indian Ocean, you really ought to try some of the ocean’s bounty at Waves Seafood Grill – and feel free to bring your own wine.
- All-rounder: If you’re ready to try some wines, make a visit to Wino’s (now owned by Swings and Roundabouts winery), which boasts the region’s largest wine list and a wide assortment of menu items. If you like modern Mediterranean style cuisine, in a quirky restaurant where you can bring your own trophy wines or beer from the day then Arc of Iris is for you.
- Resorts: Depending on where you stay during your visit, you can find restaurants on-site at your local resort or hotel. The Comfort Inn Grange on Farrelly is home to the 1885 Restaurant, offering casual Asian-influenced cuisine made from local produce.
Find the best Margaret River restaurants
If you want to Experience the Best of our Margaret River restaurants, let us help you find a table. Our local expert has researched, reviewed and selected the “Best” of each category of attractions – including Margaret River restaurants.
Our guide can also help you find the best places for cafés, food and wine tasting, vineyard and brewery tours, horse riding, shopping, outdoor activities and much more.