The Margaret River region is known for wine, beaches and natural beauty – and much of this natural beauty can be best enjoyed from the saddle.
Popular activities include:
- Polocrosse: Combining elements of polo and lacrosse, this fast-paced sporting event has been hosted at Jesters Flat since 2006, with several recreational teams participating. You can have a go yourself at Polocrosse, but be warned it is addictive. If you have never ridden before I don’t think it will be for you but if you have been on a horse even a couple of times then you may well want to give it a go for a hands on experience. p.s I am the rider on the far right of the photo and yes I am hooked 🙂
- Riding Lessons: Instruction is available for beginners as well as more experienced saddle riders – you can even take a brief personal riding lesson at an indoor arena. If you want to improve your skills whilst on holiday, or learn a different style of riding then this might be for you.
- Trail Rides: Explore the native forest and bushland of the region from the saddle! Enjoy the beautiful countryside while your horse provides the transport. No matter if you have never ridden before or are a world class champion these rides can be tailor made to fit and you will be sure to enjoy some of the finest countryside and wildlife in Australia.
- Brewery and Vineyard Tours: Combine your interests in Margaret River horse riding and the region’s premium wines – Ask about a tour that also includes wine tastings from local vineyards. This is a natural way to view what Margaret River is so famous for.
- Residential Visits: Ideal for horse lovers, Margaret River Horse-back Tours offers ½ day and full day residentials and kids’ riding camps – learn the fundamentals of horseback riding with lessons and a trail ride, with instructions on grooming, feeding and caring for ponies.
Margaret River Horse Riding
- ;-) Jesters Flat: Jesters Flat is set amidst a working vineyard and equestrian farm. Owners Fiona and Paul Brennan are long-serving members of the booming local community. The couple has a vast experience in vineyard contracting, cattle mustering and dairy farming.
Find the best Margaret River horse riding facilities
If you want to Experience the Best of Margaret River horse riding, it can be hard to know where to begin. We have selected the “Best” of each category of attractions – these businesses have been reviewed by a local expert.
Our guide can help you find the best Margaret River horse riding, the finest wineries, surfing, caves, nature trails, accommodation, fine dining, and much more.