The best Margaret River café is something which may not be the first thing you think of as you know the Margaret River region is a holiday-goer’s dream destination, with some of the world’s most pristine beaches, award-winning wines, 5-star accommodation and fine dining. But what if you just want to relax with a cup of coffee and a simple meal? Fortunately, there are many places to find a good Margaret River café during your holiday.
If you want to find a café, your options are limited only by your choice of atmosphere, ambience and menu items. Some of these businesses are right in town, offering a bustling, energetic setting, whilst others are in the countryside or oceanfront for a peaceful view of the bushland or beach. You can get a full meal or just coffee and a bun, and other Margaret River café locations offer family-friendly amenities that are ideal to bring the kids.
Here are some experiences you can expect from the various Margaret River café establishments:
In Town: These are many and varied many and varied depending on if you want to be in the hustle and bustle of the main street watching the passersby – or you can go where the locals go, at Blue Ginger on Station Road.
Out of Town: If you want to find a quiet Margaret River café for a coffee or cup of tea, and get away from the crowds,
- 😉 Goanna Gallery Bush Café: Nestled amidst some of the finest wildlife and native bush offered by the South West WA, Goanna Café and Gallery is a must-visit place for both locals and tourists alike. This unique establishment offers a one-of-a-kind experience only a short distance by car from Dunsborough.
- Yahava KoffeeWorks is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
By the Ocean: If you want to experience a Margaret River café with an ocean view, there are a few good options – the White Elephant Beach Café in Gnarabup Beach, and Sea Gardens in Prevelly, specialising in organic and locally grown produce and Australian breakfasts with a French twist.
- White Elephant Cafe: The White Elephant Beach Cafe is an amazing venue located at the Gnarabup Beach Boat Ramp, right on the beach. The White Elephant Beach Cafe offers casual cafe style breakfasts and lunches, quality coffee and fun friendly service by dedicated staff. Our beach cafe is open daily from 7.30am until around 3pm.
- The Equinox Cafe: The Equinox Café sits on the Busselton Jetty under Fig trees and overlooking the beautiful water of Geographe Bay. It is the perfect venue for any romantic dinner, quiet lunch or fun filled gathering of friends over tapas and cocktails. The café is recognized in the region for its delicious fish & chips.
Sit-down Meal: If you want something more substantial than typical café fare, try the Studio Gallery and Bistro, a Margaret River café “where food and art come together.” Located in Yallingup adjacent to a smartly appointed modern art gallery, the Bistro serves innovative and refreshing Continental cuisine in a vibrant and stylish atmosphere.
- Magiric Emporium: Magiric Emporium provides a splendid experience with its antique furniture and fine china while promising visitors excellent food and gourmet delicacies. The word Magiric is an ancient way of referring to the art of preparing food and although it has nothing to do with the word magic, the exquisite flavors offered are almost magical.
Child-friendly: Simmo’s Ice Cream is an ideal café for ice cream addicts of all ages, with a fun park, goofy golf and a giant outdoor version of the board game “Snakes and Ladders.” Goanna Caféhas a dedicated kids’ menu and a sculpture walk and sandpit where the little ones can run off steam.
Find the best Margaret River café
If you want to Experience the Best of our Margaret River café offerings, grab a cup of coffee and relax – we’ll do the research for you. We have selected the “Best” of each category of attractions – including cafés – and all of these businesses meet the exacting standards of our local expert.
Our guide can also help you find the best places for wine tasting, horse riding, gallery viewings, bush tours, nature trails, and much more.