The Margaret River region is home to 20 percent of Australia’s premium wines – but we know a thing or two about beer as well. (This is Australia, after all – how could we overlook the beers?)
There are several Margaret River breweries offering a variety of amenities and activities. Here are the types of experiences you can expect from visiting the various styles of Margaret River breweries:
Family-friendly with bottles to take home: Several of the brewery locations pride themselves on being family-friendly, with play areas and activities for the kids.
- Colonial Brewery: The thing that instantly impresses everybody who sets foot in Colonial Brewery is the marvelous exterior and interior design that the place boasts. The 350-seater state-of-the-art facility is hidden behind the artificial colonial style iron ridge exterior. Visitors can watch fantastic ales being brewed inside whilst enjoying some beer battered fish.
Phone: +61 (8) 9758 8177
- Bootleg Brewery: Renowned for its delectable lunches, a large kids’ playground and live music bands. With windows offering views into the bottling/brewing section and a brewery museum upstairs, this establishment rightly claims itself to be “an oasis of beer in a desert of wine”.
- Occy’s Brewery: Occy’s brewery is located just off the Bussel highway. Visitors can look forward to enjoying Occy’s award winning beer as well as outstanding meals in South Western Australia’s largest beer garden. Kids can enjoy Occy’s on-site playground, making it the perfect attraction for a family vacation.
- Eagle Bay Brewery: Eagle Bay Brewing Co is a family run, boutique operation with a passionate appetite to share our love of brewing, wine making and local produce. Expect a new and vibrant experience for the whole family with menu and playground for the kids, great beer, wine, food, service and atmosphere.
- Cowaramup Brewery: Located in a picturesque rural setting 4km east of Bussell Highway in Cowaramup, Cowaramup Brewing Company offers quality hand crafted ales and lagers, a range of local wines with an excellent menu focusing on local produce.
- Duckstein Brewery: The Duckstein Brewery was one of the pioneers of craft brewing in Western Australia’s popular Swan Valley where it continues to offer a traditional German dining experience and live music on weekends.
- Bush Shack Brewery: Bush Shack Brewery is located in the picturesque Southwest, and they specialise in great tasting, all natural, unfiltered brews and flavoured alcoholic beverages.
- Cheeky Monkey Brewery: Born and brewed in Margaret River, Cheeky Monkey is producing Western Australia’s freshest line up of craft beers and ciders. It’s a location that affords the kind of space that lets kids play free whilst you relax, kick back and enjoy a long lunch.
Adults can enjoy their frothy beverages in peace, whilst the kids are still well-entertained in a fun, safe environment. If the kids are losing patience, you can also buy bottled beer to take home – either in stubbies (375-mL bottles) or in a growler (1.9 L) at Colonial Brewery Review.
Attached to a winery: There’s no need to choose between beer and wine. Certain Margaret River breweries are either owned by or attached to local wineries as well, so you can enjoy whatever beverage your palate prefers.
Boutique: Sample the best locally-produced craft beers, brewed in only limited quantities, made from locally-grown hops, and featuring a choice of unique flavours. If you want to taste a beer that you can’t get anywhere else, there are several boutique offerings to strike your fancy.
Find the best Margaret River breweries
If you want to Experience the Best of Margaret River breweries, sit back and relax with a cold pint, and let us handle the research. We have selected the “Best” of each category of attractions to refer you to top local businesses.
All the places on our list have been reviewed by our local expert and are renowned for the top quality experience that visitors can expect. Whatever you want to do during your holiday – going to the beach, hiking in the forest, dining, shopping or sampling beers and wines, we can help you find the best places to spend your time and money.