Animal farms in Margaret River are excellent places for families to head to. They offer fun and educational experiences for both adults and kids. Visitors get to learn about the farm animals and activities. In some instances, they are even allowed to feed the animals and participate in the activities. Most animal farms have family events during school vacations. Here is a list of animal farms in Margaret River that you must see when visiting the region:
- Sunflowers Animal Farm & Farmstay: Sunflowers Animal Farm is a favourite destination for families visiting this region. It offers a hands-on farm experience where visitors can hand feed more than 300 farm animals (30 different types). This is a great place to enjoy the life on the farm with free eggs, pony rides and farm-related activities. Sunflowers Animal Farm also has onsite accommodation for those who wish to stay overnight.
Phone: (08) 9757 3343
- Wonky Windmill Farm and Eco Park: A trip to Wonky Windmill Farm and Eco Park is the perfect way to keep the little ones busy for a few hours. Kids just love to get up close and personal with well mannered and friendly farm animals. There are ponies, pigs, lambs, guinea pigs, rabbits, alpaca, llama, goats, deer, ostrich and emus to pat and feed. Wonky Windmill Farm and Eco Park provides a fantastic atmosphere for both adults and kids to learn about farm life and farm animals.
- Country Life Farm: Country Life Farm offers a great day out for the entire family. You can visit the farm anytime of the day to feed friendly animals including sheep, goats, llama, guinea pigs, donkeys, alpacas, crow and clydesdale. Country Life Farm also has a giant slide, merry go round, bouncy castle and boat rides for kids to enjoy.
- Margaret River Silk Road: Margaret River Silk Road is a farm located in Merticup that cultivates mulberry trees and silk worms. The farm produces Australia’s first home grown silk. Visitors may enjoy a variety of interactive displays demonstrating leaf harvest, silkworm feeding, reeling and hand-dying silk thread. A wide range of mulberry and silk products are also available for purchase on–site.
- Metricup Bird Park: Metricup Bird Park is an ideal destination for bird lovers in Margaret River. There are more than 65 species of beautiful native Australian birds to see. The park also features a collection of farming machinery, memorabilia as well as a gift shop and barbeque facilities, so you can enjoy a picnic here.
With all the sunshine, fresh air and space to run around, animal farms in Margaret River are an ideal choice for families with kids. The staff at these farms is generally knowledgeable and approachable in case you need to ask any questions. There are also notice boards with information on different animals.