Margaret River is a place that has it all: idyllic beaches, picturesque landscape, exotic wildlife, friendly locals and adventure sports in some of the world’s most fabulous locations, all contributing to give you the Margaret River Adventure you’ve always dreamed of! Here are some of the Margaret River adventure sports available to make your vacation in Western Australia the most exciting it can be:
You can navigate through exciting and tough terrain or travel along the more blazed trails with a friend or a partner. Margaret River offers a biking experience both for adventure seekers and for those preferring a more relaxed ride.
- 😉 Dirty Detours: Ride from vineyard to vineyard tasting Margaret River’s world class wines.Enjoy the natural sights and sounds of the Australian bush while cycling at a relaxed pace. We cycle tree lined forest paths and admire the seasonal change of the fragrant vineyards. Do you want a winery tour where all you get is a blur as you speed past? We don´t! Sip n´ Cycle Winery Tour gives you the full sensory experience. This is the perfect balance of spectacular scenery, active exploration, and an exceptional standard of our local Margaret River wines to sample.
- Fat Duck Cycles and Espresso Bar: Fat Duck Cycles and Espresso Bar offers a highly unusual service. It combines a love of cycling with the taste of coffee and has the South West’s largest range of specialized bicycles on display. The business offers spin classes for cyclists, and is also home to the famous Fiori Coffee.
Navigate through rapids or paddle on the calm waters of the Blackwood and Margaret rivers. Only in Margaret River can you take in the splendid sight of Paperbark trees and observe the exotic Western Australian wildlife will paddling down a river.
- 😉 Bushtucker River and Wine Tours: Bushtucker’s Canoe Tours will bring you to the exhilarating views off Surfers Point and the river meeting the ocean at the river mouth. The tour guest depart into the valley, past cliffs, caves, pioneer and aboriginal sites by 2-5 seater canoes. No motor craft are permitted on the river to maintain the healthy native eco system with rare public access, boast clean waters, Australian wildlife, unique forest and tranquil waters.
Gnarabup is the perfect location for this sport, with its cross shore, side shore winds, sheltered location and un-crowded beaches.
Mountain Boarding is an extreme sports activity for those wishing for a wild Margaret River adventure that involves exploring Western Australia’s dense forests and unique wildlife. Because it can be done on many types of terrain, it is an excellent way to travel around the area.
- Margaret River Xtreme Sports
Depending on the weather, the one activity you should not skip on is the windsurfing on Gnarabup Beach or in Augusta. Not only do you enjoy the beautiful weather, any Margaret River adventure would be incomplete without enjoying the water up close!
Imagine the rush of hurtling towards the ground with the sights of Margaret River spread out below you! Falling towards sparkling waters and nature in its purest form makes it easy to imagine that heaven really is a place on earth.
You can blaze through trails in picturesque Western Australia and experience the wildlife as closely as is possible on the back of a horse; understanding the soul, historic charm and age-old appeal of the region while you go at your own pace.
What better place to go rock climbing than the Wilyabrup sea cliffs situated between Margaret River and Dunsborough? Overseen by experts, with a spectacular view of pristine Western Australia water and with the required safety equipment in tow, the activity is both exciting and safe.
Loved by families, friends, couples and business travelers alike, sailing offers the chance to explore the Margaret River waters and enjoy the lovely weather simultaneously.
Whichever activity you might be interested in, Margaret River is a place that ensures you get the adventure you’ve always wanted!
- Segway West: Segway West is a business offering local residents and tourists to experience the freedom and exhilaration of flying on a Segway. The service is available for everyone from children to adults to senior citizens, making it the perfect choice for an afternoon of family fun! After the fifth ride, the business offers the sixth ride for free.