Margaret River Backpackers
Margaret River was first “discovered” as a tourist destination by surfers and globe-trekking backpackers – and even as the region’s tourism business has boomed, there still are many great places for Margaret River backpackers, gap year travellers, and others who are looking for affordable, clean, well situated lodging.
Our site offers independent research and unbiased reviews of Margaret River backpackers lodging, based on local knowledge and firsthand experience. You can read reviews from other Margaret River backpackers or leave a review of your own. Look out for this icon which highlights the reviewed businesses.
Find information on the best places to stay for Margaret River backpackers, including:
- Dunsborough Beachouse: This hostel is a haven for Margaret River backpackers, located right on the beach at Geographe Bay. Enjoy barbecues, parties with the other guests, table tennis, or just lounge on the beach.
- The Dunsborough Inn: A range of room sizes, up to four people in one room maximum, comunal kitchen and lounge – suitable for short term accommodation in the center of Dunsgorough.
- Inne Town Backpackers: Located right in the centre of the town of Margaret River, this hostel offers dorms or private single, double or triple rooms, with a convenient location putting you close to everything in the region – beaches, trails, caves, wineries and more. Free daily breakfast.
- Margaret River Lodge/Margaret River Backpackers: Two hostels run by the same ownership – the Lodge is a 100-bed resort-style hostel. Margaret River Backpackers opened in Feb. 2008 and offers 52 rooms in air conditioned dorms, and can also help guests find temporary work in local vineyards. The hostels also provide a “beach bus” service for $10 – a 14-seater van to transport guests to the beach each day.
“The Margaret River Guide” View great pictures of the region and hot spots around the world, share your stories and pictures helping others find out everything in the region, just click the like button below to share your love of Margaret River.
You might also be interested in some of our other resources and information on places to stay in the region:
- Hostel: Meet new friends from all over the world in a communal lodging facility – safe, clean and well-maintained.
- Motels: Find an affordable place to stay that will still get you close to the beach, the wineries or whatever you want to do in the region.
- Live Chat: Get personal advice and recommendations for Margaret River backpackers from a local guide. Our insights and tips can help you find the best places to stay to get the most out of your visit to the region.
Follow this link to view the full list of different styles of Margaret River Accommodation.